Besides an iPhone’s multiple amazing features, Apple has introduced a new feature which is basically a new text editing gesture. The feature is available in iOS 13 version of iOS software. If your iPhone has been updated to iOS 13 and you want to use this text editing gesture then you have come to the right place. Here are some of the best detailed ways by which you can use this new text editing gesture in no time.
Here’s how to move the cursor while typing
To move the cursor while typing, follow the steps listed below:
- You need to type some of the text in one of the applications where you want to type.
- Keep pressing on an azure cursor till its size changes.
- Pull the cursor.
- If you want to make this procedure easy, then the mouse cursor will start snapping automatically to lines and also among the words while identifying it.
- Free the finger from your display.
Steps to choose a text
Selecting the text is another factor that needs to be discussed clearly to use this gesture introduced by Apple on iOS 13 version. Selecting the text is the first step to use this text editing gesture. To select the text, follow the steps mentioned below:
- When you edit the text, click twice on the word which you wish to choose for highlighting it.
- Move to the left-hand or right-hand side with the line, which is located next to the first and last of the highlighted text.
- In case you wish to choose the sentence, you need to triple-click on the word.
- In case you wish to choose the paragraph, you need to quadruple click in the paragraph.
Steps for using the selection
Go through the steps below for using the selection:
- When you edit a text, you need to input any option which includes the phone number, email address, and also the email.
- When you are on the editing tool, click twice on the lines which include the details.
- In case you have the two lines with any other email account or phone number, then you need to choose an option provided in the line.
Steps for using the new cut, copy and paste gestures
To use a new cut, copy and paste gesture on your iPhone, go through the steps mentioned below:
- Choose the message which you wish to use.
- You can choose either the quick select or intelligent section.
- For copying, pinch with three fingers till you will get the Copy symbol at the upper side of the display.
- For cutting, perform the copy gesture two times until the text gets hidden because it will start cutting and saving on the clipboard.
- For pasting, pinch out with three fingers till you will get the Paste option at the upper side of the display.
Steps for using a new undo and redo gestures
To use the undo and redo gesture of your iPhone, follow the steps listed below:
- Ensure that you are in the text editing mode in one of the applications.
- You need to slide your three-finger to the left-hand side for undoing the option.
- You have to slide your three-finger to the right-hand side for redoing the option.
- Otherwise, you can click twice by using your three-finger for undoing and redoing the process.
Steps for using Multi-select
Multi-select is quite useful in doing several tasks faster on your iPhone. To do so, follow the steps listed below
- Open the Mail menu.
- Otherwise, go to the Files menu on the iPhone or iPad.
- Start using the two fingers for pressing anywhere on display.
- Place two fingers to start choosing many email text or files and folders option.
- You need to complete the procedure if you wish to get all the texts and files and folders.
Nelson King is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.