In case you are missing your family or need to see your loved ones immediately, then FaceTime video calls are among the best ways to do it. The feature is one of the best ones; however, it is a hindrance that you cannot record those calls, right? Well, no. Here are the steps to Record a FaceTime Call on the iPhone or MacBook.
Recording a FaceTime Call on the MacBook
If you want to record a FaceTime call on the MacBook, then pursue the instructions given below.
- First of all, you have to launch QuickTime on the MacBook from the Dock.
- Then you should go to the menu bar and select File.
- You have to select New Screen Recording option.
- After that, go to the arrow near to the record option in the QuickTime screen.
- After that, navigate to the list of attached microphones and select Internal Microphones.
- You should launch FaceTime.
- Go to the QuickTime and select the record option.
- Then select the screen to record the entire screen, or choose and move above the FaceTime screen to only record FaceTime.
- You have to launch the FaceTime call.
- After that, you should go to the Menu bar and select “Stop Recording” option.
- Navigate to the Menu bar and select File.
- Later, click on Save.
- You should give a name to the recording.
- Later, select wherever you would like to save the recording.
- Now, click on Save.
Recording a FaceTime Call on the iPhone on the MacBook
If you would like to record a FaceTime call on the iPhone on the MacBook, pursue the steps mentioned below.
- Get started by connecting the iPad or iPhone to the MacBook with a Lightning cord.
- After that, you should launch QuickTime on the MacBook from the Dock.
- Go to the Menu bar and select File.
- You have to select “New Movie Recording.”
- Thereafter you should select the arrow near to the record option in the QuickTime screen.
- Navigate to the list of presence cameras and select your iPhone.
- You should unlock the iPhone. Its screen should appear in QuickTime on the MacBook.
- Go to the QuickTime for MacBook, ensure that the volume bar is turned upward. If not, you will not be able to hear the call.
- You should launch FaceTime on the iPhone.
- After that, you have to go to the QuickTime on the MacBook and select the Record option.
- Thereafter leave the FaceTime call on the iPhone.
- Navigate to the QuickTime and select Stop tab to stop recording when you have completed your call.
- Later, click on Save.
- You should give a name to your recording.
- Then you have to select wherever you would like to save the recording.
- Now, click on the Save option.
Using Third-Party Software to Record a FaceTime Call
If you would like the recorded FaceTime Calls to have a bit more polished appearance, then “Ecamm’s Call Recorder for FaceTime” does not merely let you record the default FaceTime screen, but it also facilitates basic editing, resetting of the call screen and split-screen or side-by-side modes. It’s, most of the time, an excellent option, if you are recording the FaceTime, calls for professional use or YouTube uploads.
Nelson King is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.