Is your Mac displaying the wrong time or date? Well, this problem is pretty common and easy to fix. This usually happens when the Mac remains powered off for long time periods and has not been connected to the net for some time.
even though this issue may not seem big, it can be frustrating when you are unable to access websites, apps, or install updates due to the mismatch in the time and date. Check out the solutions given below and fix the Mac issue with ease.
Customizing automatic settings
Mac can adjust your device’s date & time automatically according to the location services. Make sure that your device is properly connected to the internet network before applying these settings. Here we are going to tell you to adjust date & Time settings on Mac.
Follow these simple steps to know more:
- First of all, Tap “System Preferences” tab located inside the Mac dock or the applications folder.
- Now hit the Date & Time option icon.
- Mark the box located after the “Set date and time automatically” option.
- Now hit on the time server to connect to the network.
Setting up the time zone Manually
- First of all, launch the “System Preferences” tab from the Applications window or the dock.
- Then tap the “Date & Time” option.
- Hit the “Time Zone’ option.
- Now unmark the checkbox located just after the option of setting your time zone automatically by using your location.
- Then choose a time zone location from the available time zones on the world map.
Setting the Mac’s date & time manually
If the methods given above do not work, then tweak the date and time manually.
To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Just open the “System Preferences” tab by accessing the Applications page or your Mac’s dock.
- Then hit the “Date & Time” option.
- Now unmark the checkbox situated to the next of the “Set date and time automatically” option.
- Now touch the date & time bar that you wish to change.
- Hit the arrow buttons located after the data format.
- You may click on the new date to adjust it from the calendar.
- Now tap to highlight the portion of the time format that you wish to modify it.
- Now hit the arrow buttons next to the time bar to modify the format of time.
Nelson King is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.