Adjusting or upgrading the video quality of any display on Netflix is pretty effortless and straightforward to use. The image or video quality is generally based on screen resolution. Once you increase the resolution of your video, you will able to view better quality videos than before. Many of the peoples use to view HD contents and videos as these setups only make your show or content sharper.
Every video runs with a particular video resolution that is the most important factor for its quality. There are various pixel resolutions like 480p, 720p and 1080p.
Here we will provide a complete guide on how you can adjust or modify your video resolution to get better quality of the video.
The Contribution of Resolutions in Playing Videos
The pixels calculates the resolution of your particular video both vertically and horizontally. If you are viewing your video in the resolution of “1280 x 720p,” then by default, you will be able to view the widescreen video.
It could be exceeded to 1080p that provides you fifty percent extra pixel resolutions with a dimension of “1920 x 1080p” that is considered as the full resolution.
Over a few decades, the improvement in the evolution of viewing experience is seen that provides various higher resolutions even on your home TV along with the evolution of Camera Technologies.
Many TV sets are coming that have built-in “Ultra HD” panels that have been considered and rated as “4K” higher resolutions. These HD TVs provide shows on 1080p resolutions.
Streaming Videos of Your Desired Resolution
There are various dimensions on which “Netflix” works- a leading video streaming service. It offers its users to play their videos in the resolutions they want; it provides the streaming features ranging from “Standard Definition” streams to the greater pixels resolutions.
If you play your video on the “Ultra HD” Streaming service, it will spend a lot of data too. Some users claim that Netflix didn’t provide the information regarding the modifications of its resolutions.
Besides the lack of these resolutions modifications adds, Netflix provides features to watch the lower quality video in even slow internet connectivity and much better in its faster connection.
Here we will provide some tips to adjust or modify the video quality of Netflix by navigating the “Settings” panel located inside the menu option.
Running Netflix Over Smart TV, PC, or Set-Top Box
You can increase the video quality of your Netflix on your device, its not the matter which device are you using. You can do so by navigating the “playback” settings from the “Account” tab located on your Netflix.
If you are using a laptop, then follow these instructions:
- First of all, you have to launch your desired browser.
- Then, download “Netflix” on your laptop.
- Now, all the Video streaming options will automatically sync with your profile. They are located just beneath the “profile” option under “Settings.”
- You have to select the perfect and exact profile.
- When you are the main screen of “Netflix,” then you have to launch your “Settings” menu.
- Now, hit at the top-right side edge of your screen. It will display all the available synced profiles connected to your particular account.
- Next, tap the account option to proceed.
Note: You can also adjust or change payment plans and other information like mail ID and other settings by navigating the “Account” settings option there.
If you wish to change your “Playback” options, then follow these instructions:
- Firstly, navigate to “My Profile.” It will be located at the lowermost of your Netflix page. It will show all your chosen selections, including various options, such as the recently used shows list. It includes an overall seven feasible selections.
- If you wish to proceed further, then hit the “Playback Settings.”
- It provides various control features like you can adjust your display of “Netflix originals” or other video resolutions by navigating “Playback Settings.”
- Netflix setups this feature to auto mode for terminating or switching your particular video according to internet quality and speed.
- You can’t access an HD based video if you are running on a slower connection, in this state, the “Netflix” will downgrade the resolution automatically.
Streaming Videos Based on Preference
The simple formula of running your videos and saving your data is totally up to you because, as the higher video resolution, the higher data will consume. In case you wish to view your Netflix video always in high quality, then tap on the “High” button.
The consumption of your data always depends on the quality or the resolution of your currently streaming video. A 1080 and 720p resolution video consumes around 3 GB data/hr, whereas “Ultra HD” of 4K video consumes around 7 GB data per hr.
If you wish to lower your data consumption, then it is recommended to use a low or standard quality video that consumes nearly seven hundred MB of data/hour with a resolution of 480p.
Don’t choose too low resolution as it might affect your video quality for the same.
Nelson King is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.